Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Porter likes to line up the animals on the track.. not sure why but I get a kick out of it. it makes me think of Noahs ark. Porter told me they are following the leader. I have some more pictures i wanted to share but porter took the batteries out of the camera and i can only find three of them and i cant upload the pics till I find the fourth.

Its full blown fall here. The temp is falling and at night its in the 30's now. When I get up in the morning its usually 60 in the house. I am trying to hold off on turning on the furnace until November in order to save money. So we are all cold the first half of the day till it warms up to about 65. Poor Theo is still crawling so i try to keep him layered up and socks on his feet. he keeps taking the socks off even though i tell him its for his own good!
Porter is facinated about the weather this year. we have had many talks about why the leaves are changing colors and falling off the trees. He likes to point out all the different colors while we are driving. He also keeps asking for snow.. we have had one small snow fall in the valley but it melted the same day. The mountains are covered by feet of snow already and are white and beautiful in the background, looking almost like painted stage sets proped up because their perfect looking.
This is the first year porter has been into holidays. So we have a pumpkin and orange lights going up our stairs, a halloween tablecloth and halloween candle holders. ( gotta love all a dollar!) i am looking forward to christmas this year, I know he is going to love it!

5 comments:

Barbara said...

So good to see a new post. We've felt out of touch. I get a kick out of Porter's animals too. It's fun to hear about the things that excite Porter. We don't have seasons here. At least not real ones. We do have mango season and not mango season. It seems that most of the rest of the fruit is available year round.

Thora said...

Yay, thank you, Camilla! I love the pictures; it made me think of Noah's Ark as well.
I miss fall in Utah. I mean, I know that other areas of the world have a lot more trees, etc, etc, but I really like Utah, with its beautiful, stage prop mountains (I've always thought that's what they look like too, sometimes). I also miss how all of the trees on our street lost their leaves at the same time, and there were piles and piles of yellow leaves down our street. Of course, I know that everywhere in Utah isn't like that one street.
That's exciting about Porter and the holidays. I love holidays, and I think celebrating them is one of the ways that the cycles of our lives are measured. What this all means, is I not only like them, I think the observance of holidays is a very important part of being human.
I'm missing Halloween here, although I've never even really liked the holiday all that much, the absence of it is very hard for me. I've even thought of throwing a Halloween party here, just to have something from home. (plus we brought Lydia a Halloween costume over; it's a Ladybug, and it would be a shame if we didn't use it.)

Anonymous said...

aww..I love all of his animals. It really does look like the animals lined up for the Ark. Glad he is enjoying the Halloween decorations. He really is going to love Christmas.

Give the boys a big squeeze from me. I have missed hearing about how you all are doing.

Take care!!

Lindsey McFarland said...

All those animals lined up are too cute. How exciting that Porter is enjoying the holidays, I can't wait until that happens here!

The Devil's Dance Floor said...

His little animals playsing follow the leader are too cute! Looks like he's an imaginative little guy!

~Mary-Catherine