Monday, June 9, 2008

Porter, star wars, and name my baby!

Porter was running around the house with his two bowling balls like this. I didn't think much of it at first until he shouted " mommy look at me! I am a woman!" Hehehe.... Kids are so funny.

Porter is so big now.. I cant believe it! He is on the verge of learning to read, and he is really into spelling right now. He loves to assemble words ( with foam letters) and then asks me to pronounce them. He also will pick out letters in signs and such and then tell me what they are in... like he will see the T in exit and tell me there is one in his name too.

We went and played miniature golf on Saturday and this kid is actually good! He had a purple ball of course, and got it into every single hole on his own. He then wanted to play at the batting cages.. but I don't think he is big enough for that and all i could picture was a fun ER visit with him and a bloody face. He screamed all the way to the car over that one. Theo was there too.. but all he did was follow us around the court while carrying three balls and trying to kick our balls.

In other news.. we still have no name for this baby boy. Any and all suggestions would be great! We can not agree at all. Right now Cory likes the names Arthur and Austin and I like Preston and Elliot. I guess we need a new name we both can agree on because we are too stubborn to agree on the ones we have already. Porter wants to name the baby ArthurD2... which he thinks is the same as R2D2 from Star Wars ( he says them the same) So Cory has him on his side.. I told Cory porter doesn't get a vote!

funny side note, porter also told me " Mommy i don't want my name to be Porter " I asked what he wanted it to be then and he said count duko (not sure how its spelled...from star wars... he is a bad guy)

So yes.. Porter is just a tad bit obsessed with Star Wars right now... he loves to play fight with his light sabers, and will use the force on you ( he makes a krshhhhh sound while holding his hands up towards you) He has played the Lego star wars game on the x-box for countless hours and you would be amazed at how well a three year old can handle the controller! Its his new obsession... Cory is thrilled. Every fathers dream, right? star wars and video games.

6 comments:

Barbara said...

That's really funny about Porter. He's quite a kid.

Taylor's said...

Too cute about Porter!

Names will come when he is born I am sure . . look back through old family names before looking in a book; that is what we did for our girls.

Heather said...

hmmmm... Cross-dressing already?!!! How does Cory feel about this? So cute! I can't believe how big your boys are getting!

Here is a list of boy's names that I love. Feel free to steal any of them. I think you'll be having all of the boys and I all the girls.

Boy' Names...
Joshua

Logan

Finn (I know it's weird but I love it! But can you imagine Finn Doody! How Irish can you get?!!! We might as well sign him up for AA in the womb with a name like that.)

Jacob

Parker

Ty (Tyler Tyson...)

Landon

Davis

Colin
(Can you tell I like the idea of last names for first names!)

Brenda said...

oh that Porter. He is just so cute. I love the name he has for the baby. LOL

Here is my suggestion. I know with Theo, part of the reason you loved his name was the meaning it had. Can you find a bunch of baby names that have meanings you love? Maybe that will bring about a name that you can both agree on.

Can't wait to see this new little guy. Won't be long now!

SimplySavage said...

Porter is so funny! Brandon hopes Hayden likes video games too! Too cute about what Porter wants to name the new little guy :)

Thora said...

Names I like:

Ezekiel
Alistair (it's a very British, traditional name)
Gareth
Hyrum
Heber

They're all traditional, too.

Although really I would suggest finding a third name, that's what Avram and I had to do when I wanted Aurelia, and he wanted Jane. For that, one Sunday at Church I opened up the bible at the beginning, and skimmed through the chapters using the headings, and wrote down every female name that I came across. Then Avram and I took turns scratching out names that we didn't like/absolutely wouldn't use. Elisheva stayed on, and we tried calling her it for a few days, and it felt right, so it stuck (this was when I was still pregnant, of course). So you could maybe do something like that, but with a naming book if you don't want to use the bible.