This week has been such an interesting and full one. On Monday there was the shooting that was so horrendous and crazy... I cant believe someone could do something like that. what is our world coming to?? I mean you cant feel safe anywhere anymore.. There was a shooting at the library and at the mall here in salt lake this year and then at the high schools and universities now... Its a scary world i am raising my boys in. I pray that we never have to first hand experience some of this random violence, but I am sure with such a large family its only a matter of time in this world.
Tuesday I taught a class about stillbirth at the University of Utah to the graduating class of midwives. My midwife is the head teacher up there. It went well and I was glad that I did it. I feel like talking about Taylor and my experience is really empowering to me. I like to think that maybe I can help other women have the best possible experience if they lose a baby. I was nervous but i think I did a good job, even though I was talking really fast I am sure. I tend to do that when I am nervous. I also like to share my shadow box and Taylor's pictures, its nice to talk about my little boy that couldn't stay. I still miss him and think about him from time to time. Mostly when I see my sister Halley since Daniel is the same age Taylor would be.
Tuesday afternoon I got a taste of what life is like with multiples. My neighbors (whom I didn't even know the names of.. never spent time with, etc.) Knocked on my door and asked if I could watch their kids while they looked for a house.. apparently they got kicked out of these apartments. Anyways I didn't know what to say! Of course I didn't want to but I cant seem to say no to people. So they bring up their 2 1/2 year old boy ( 2 months younger than Porter) and a baby boy born December 13th so the same age as Theo. It was 3:30 and they said they would be two hours. The older kids played pretty well together besides the normal fights over whose turn it was... but the babies were so hard! Theo likes to be held all the time. Well their little boy ( don't even know his name!) is handicapped and has zero head and neck muscle control. His eyes also wobble all around. And both of them decided they were hungry the same time. Let me just say I never want twins! It was really interesting to get them both fed. The evening went on, Cory was working late so it was just me. I expected the parents back around 5:30... they showed up at 8!!!!! 8:00 PM !? I seriously was so annoyed! I mean who drops their kids off at a strangers house and leaves them for almost 5 hours and just expects the person to be fine with it? They didn't even pay me or anything! It was a long night to say the least. I am glad they are moving because I would not be able to handle them just dropping their kids off randomly all the time.
Wednesday we went from 70 degree sunny weather to snow!! It was insane! I really am not a fan of this yo-yo weather. I spent the day helping my sister Thora in Provo. She is moving to England in 2 weeks.. her husband is going to Oxford for his grad school. So i helped her pack and clean and such. I wish I was moving to England, what an adventure!
So today is my self declared do nothing day.. well do nothing outside of the house day anyways. I always have to feed, cloth, bath, and change the kids diapers. I cant even remember what it was like to truly have a "free" day to do whatever I wanted. You know things like sleep in, read books, scrapbook, etc.
The Twins' Birth Story
1 year ago






2 comments:
I was wondering how that babysitting of the neighbor's kids finally ended so I was interested to read that. I also truly hope these random violent shootings never become a personal thing for our family. That would be devastating to lose someone you love that way. I'm so glad you can help others who are in positions to comfort and guide mothers who have just learned their baby they had hoped for is dead and their dreams are shattered. I'm glad for all the help others gave you and us to help us reconcile ourselves to the face that Taylor was gone.
Kudos for your class! Teaching others to help those going through the same kind of loss you've suffered is a wonderful way to bring comfort to many who you will never know. Such selfless service is truly Christlike, and may even help you with your own pain. Then to help your unknown neighbors with their kids, when you have two of your own! You really are a special person, Camilla, and I'm so glad to be part of your family.
Even though your mom hogs all the phone time talking to you, I love hearing your conversations and watching the videos you post. Thank you so much for all the good you bring into the world. I hope your sons learn the virtue of Christian service from their mom's example, and how to be loving fathers from their dad. God bless you!
Post a Comment