( okay so its been a long time!! I took a trip to Utah for a month, then summer hit and i got really sick for a few months eventually leading to surgery end of July and now after a month recovering I'm finally feeling like myself again! due to demand mostly from my mother i am resurrecting this blog and hoping to keep up with it again.)
Hardly seems possible my baby is officially in school! I must be getting old i suppose. He is attending a private school which we decided on after much thought, discussion, and prayer. Basically when i toured the school i felt so calm and happy that i wanted to attend it myself! I took Cory and Porter back with me for a second tour and we all were more than ready to sign up! He attends Midland Classical Academy . Its a christian school so they incorporate God and the Bible into science and have a scripture each day. The reasons we fell in love with the school are:
1. There are only 9 kids in his class! Porter has a hard time with too many people so this is an optimal learning environment for him. Also because of the small class size the children get much more one on one time with the teacher.
2. Its a private school so there are no wasted hours doing endless testing on the little ones. They also use the Saxon method for math and reading which is excellent. Also they have great vacations... two weeks for thanksgiving, a month for Christmas, and school lets out may 5th! Its amazing how much faster kids can learn the material when the class size is small and the teachers can actually teach instead of follow all the regulations from the government!
3. Its half home school! In Texas kindergarten is 5 full days (8-3:30). That's a lot of school for a 5 year old. At Porters school he goes from 8:30-3:30 Monday and Wednesday and a half day on Friday where they get to pick enrichment classes ( Spanish, art, music, ballet, and even violin lessons as they get older) Porter is going to take music and art... we let him pick so he would be excited about it. On Tuesday and Thursday he is home schooled. The teachers give the outline for the work and we just have to oversee it and do embellishments where we would like. Its really the best of both worlds! We had wanted to home school but felt like he would benefit from the social interaction from school.
We are super excited for the year to play out, and hope that porter flourishes in the environment. His teacher, Mrs. Hall, is darling and so devoted to the students. She told us she prays for them every day, how sweet is that?
The Twins' Birth Story
1 year ago






6 comments:
Glad to see you blogging again. Porter's school sounds amazing. I'm sure he will thrive.
That is one awesome school. I am glad that he gets to go to one like that. I love you milla!
So, how did that first day go?
That school sounds perfect. I wish they had something like it here! I've looked, but not found anything. Sounds great!
Yay for pictures! Your boys are so grown up - of course, I haven't seen them for a year and a half, so they would be.
That's sweet. I'm jealous of Porter.
Post a Comment