Sunday, October 18, 2009

Theo's "or-by"

Some kids have a security blanket, other a binky or maybe a favorite stuffed animal. Theo has half a purple pool noodle.

Why is it in half? Well one day months ago Porter and Theo were fighting over who could play with it and so I cut it in half! They then decided it made really good swords and played happily with them that way ever since.



Somewhere along the way Theo got really attached to it. He has to have it in the car, at the store, when he sleeps, and we pry it out of his hands every time we go to church. He will ask us " where my or by" whenever we go anywhere ( even if we are just going up the stairs.) He actually is calling it his "sword fight" but his English skills are still a bit lacking.
***( to see his absolute love for this thing click on the first photo so see his expression!)***

5 comments:

Barbara said...

Too funny. He's really slimmed down a lot. He is really a cute boy.

Unknown said...

LOL! I love it! He's turned into such a big boy. Those expressions on his face are priceless!

king bacon2 said...

That made me laugh so much! or by! How cute. He looks so old! I still think of him as that cute little roly poly one year old...

larshannon said...

Awesome lovie choice, awesome.

Catherine said...

This is a great contribution to my mommy moment. I was reading the entry so quickly I thought you had said it was a purple poodle. Then I'm looking in the pictures for a purple poodle and don't see one, next I'm trying to figure out how one cuts a purple poodle in half and all the stuffing doesn't come out.... needless to say i went back and read the entry again.